April 7, 2011

Leaning on God

I can't not believe where our country is headed or should I say have become. I can not believe that grown adults haven't got it together enough to work out a budget for our country.  I understand that we can't keep spending money we don't have and I also understand in hard times but when you can't pay the people who protect your freedom because of a difference in opinion that is truly sad.  Being a wife to one of the fine men who serve our country and a mother of three wonderful children I really should be stressed or even panicked. But I really have a calm peace surrounding me, because I have faith. I can honestly say I am not worried if my kids are gonna eat or if we will have running water. I know I serve an amazing God that I can lean on with faith during any situation in my life. Why should we waste so much energy on things we can't control, why should we panic or get so upset when we can't do anything about it. In this situation it truly is out of my hands and all I can do is pray for our leaders to make wise decisions in a timely matter, lean on my God for comfort and have the smallest amount of faith that I will be provided for.  It says that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains. Matthew 17:20
You know how small that is. My mind can't even wrap around that but I do believe that God is in the good times as much as he is in the bad times and that he makes all things possible even the impossible. Nothing is to big for God. I just want to encourage anyone who might be feeling a little mangled from all the news about maybe not receiving a paycheck next week. Know that I am praying for you and  Please pray for comfort and peace to be with all the families of those who serve and please pray for the service men and women who may be worried about them during this time.

No comments: